Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 is Over Thank God


2009 is over- thank God. If ever I was happy to see the end
of a year 2009 is it. Early in 2009 I lost my job with Advanstar
Communications. The combination of the economy and corporate change seems to have effected so many people I care about. The
fact is that while the economy has seemed a little better many people
are still seeing their lives melt away.
In 2008 President Obama was elected and we all had so much hope. In 2009 President Obama did some good things- frankly without the
unemployment extensions and the COBRA subsidy I would have used
up my savings a long time ago.
But I think many of us were hoping for FDR or LBJ. We were hoping for a president who like Ronald Reagan would change the conversation. Many of us wanted the stupid red necks and their corporate enablers to be turned back that dream has been dashed.
As Americans we can hope that 2010 will be a better year for all of us including our dear President. I think President Obama would do better if he came home to Chicago more. Maybe getting out of Washington and talking to real people would help?
In the end I am glad 2009 is over. I am also glad that the decade of the zeros is over. Lets see what the future holds? and hope for better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you want Berlusconi? We could try to obtain a bargain price, for you...
ciao
Leonardo from Italy